My Mom has been making these Pumpkin Rolls for quite a few years now! John and I, and our kids LOVE them! John starts asking for them every year as soon as we see the first signs of Autumn!
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup pumpkin
1 tsp. lemon juice
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts
powdered sugar as needed
1. preheat oven 375
2. cut parchment paper and place in jelly roll pan so it overlaps a little, and set aside.
3. Beat the eggs on high speed in a mixer for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in the sugar. Stir in the pumpkin and lemon juice.
4. In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, spices and salt. And slowly mix into the egg mixture.
5. Fold into the parchment paper lined jelly roll pan.
6. sprinkle with chopped walnuts
7. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes
8. Remove from oven and turn onto a towel that has been sprinkled with powdered sugar. Start at the narrow end and roll the towel and cake together.Let cool
9. Unmold and spread filling. Re roll and chill in fridge or freezer until set. slice and serve.
1 cup powdered sugar
4 Tbs. butter
6 oz. cream cheese
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Beat until smooth
Here's Allie baking with my Mom last Thanksgiving!