Friday, October 30, 2009

Grilled Veggie and Steak Kabobs

I'm going to share with you one of my husbands FAVORITE meals! I know that when I cook this for dinner it 's sure to put a smile on his face! It's really pretty easy. The veggies we usually use are: zuchini, yellow squash, grape or cherry tomatoes, mushrooms( my favorite), white onions, red onions, bell peppers and a few chili peppers. After we put the veggies on the metal kabob sticks we brush them with melted butter mixed with Johnny's Garlic Spread (found at Costco). Then we grill them on medium high heat until they look done. When we take them off the grill and put them on the serving platter, we brush them once more with the melted butter mixture and cover with foil until we're ready to eat.
The meat is simple. Just cut a good quality steak into large cubes and brush with canola oil, and rub with homemade grilling seasoning (great with chicken and pork too!)
1 Tbsp. fresh ground pepper
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt (must be kosher salt so it doesn't come out tough)
1/8 tsp. garlic powder.
When the meat is done cooking, put it on the serving platter, cover with foil and let it rest for a few minutes to keep the meat nice and juicy! This meal goes great with any rice of your choice (lately my favorite is a long grain and wild rice mix). My moms favorite is this lime cilantro rice from Leigh Ann over at YourHomeBasedMom, which I still haven't tried but heard it is amazing!

No comments: