Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ice Cream on Mush?

Ok, This is AWESOME!!!!! I mean really, really over the top! Actually, to be completely honest, I've eaten vanilla ice cream on my oatmeal with peaches and brown sugar. (don't judge me!) LOL!  Well, growing up on "mush" was great, i'M NOT KIDDING! I have always loved hot cereal with homemade toast.  Mom and Dad use to wake up early and put a pot of oatmeal, cream of wheat, cracked wheat or malt-o-meal to cook. It might seem silly that even though I was embarrassed  to call hot cereal "mush", I still loved to eat it! I just might try this!!! lol!
( click on the ad to zoom in and read the fine print. It's hilarious!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hanne: That is really funny! One of my favorite websites http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/ takes a look at old cookbooks, etc with hysterical comments. Check it out and see what your mom, dad and me ate in the good old days. I loved the website so much that I bought the book.
--Annethel

Unknown said...

Okay that should read "what your Mom,
Dad and I ate..." If I didn't correct it, it would drive me nuts.

Nate said...

I have gotten pretty creative with my "mush" but never tried ice-cream! Okay I have to admit, Hanne, that I too never like the word "mush". We eat oatmeal or cream of wheat almost every day but never called it mush. It always sounded so unappetizing to me. Just the other day though one of my kids was asking me what mush is. And guess what?! I suddenly felt sad that I had never used this term with them which now I realize is actually a nastolgic word for me that carries with it those sweet memories of the daily pot of mush on the stove. MMMMM! Mush! It just sounds so comforting and homey! Maybe I will start using it again....
: ) Marsie

Sallybee said...

I can't stop laughing! My favorite way to eat mush is with a piece of toast dripping with butter and honey - I think because when I was a little girl we were not allowed to eat our cracked wheat hot cereal with sugar. (might get diabetes, my mother thought LOL) It was always wheat cracked in a blender and cooked on the stovetop, full of lumps, which I loved. I still don't like sugar on my mush, but I do love to eat it with toast, dripping with butter and honey! Ice cream??!!